Thursday, October 23, 2014
HRSA will be changing the EHBs login ID format from a username to your email address. This improvement facilitates unique user IDs across the EHBs community and makes it easier for you to remember your username. As a result of this enhancement, a single email address can be associated with only one - not multiple - EHBs accounts.
How will this affect me? What do I have to do?
If you have only one EHBs account associated to an email address, you don’t have to do anything! We’ll change your username automatically to match the email address associated to your account. Starting on November 21, 2014, you’ll stop using your current username and start using your email address to log in.
If you have multiple accounts associated to one email address, you’ll need to update each of your accounts so that each has a unique email address. Please check your email for important information regarding your specific accounts.
How do I change the email address associated to my account?
Follow these steps to update your EHBs account profile. Remember that each account must have a unique email address associated to it because it will also be the login ID for that account, so if you have multiple accounts, you must complete this for each of your accounts and associate a different email address to each one.
► To update your EHBs account profile with a unique email address:
1. Navigate to the HRSA EHBs website at https://grants.hrsa.gov/.
2. Click one of the EHBs choices based on your account type (Applicant/Grantee or FI Review).
3. Type your current username and password, and click Login.
4. Hover over your username in the top right corner of the EHBs home page.
5. Select View/Update Profile in the drop down list to display the View/Update Profile page.
6. In the Email text box, type a unique email address.
7. Click Continue to display the Confirmation page.
8. Verify that the information is correct, and click Confirm.